Extensive experience, trusted partner and brands consumers know and trust.
We have been a part of the Australian food industry for over 40 years.
Our vast experience and knowledge has enabled us to manufacture, import, export and distribute throughout Australia. Our vertically integrated business model sets us apart and enables us to control our value chain to ensure the best prices, product variety and security of supply.
Our business was built on humble beginnings, inspired by the passion of food, the love of family and the ambition to create a purpose driven company surrounded by people who believe that our customers are at the centre of what we do, and why we do it.
The Hudson Food Group today remains a privately owned Australian company.
LINES OF BUSINESS
YEARS OF HISTORY
Over 40 Years of History
- Ken Skoullos enters food industry, turning over $4,500 per week.
- Entered the food services industry via acquisition of AK Foods, servicing mainly the inner suburbs of Melbourne and especially the CBD.
- Acquired Superior Smallgoods, a company that was supplying the pizza industry.
- Acquired Hudson Pacific Food Services from Frank Karkalas – forming the continuing partnership between Ken and Frank. New Factory, Warehouse and Offices built in Tullamarine Victoria.
All companies merged to create Hudson Pacific Corporation.
- Entry into Acquire Spartan Foods (Greek importing company). 3rd party cheese processing at the new facility – adding value to supermarkets own brands.
- Acquires Fina Foods, a company specialising in the bakery industry.
- Acquired Dona Rossa. Manufacturing commenced on major contracts with IGA & Coles for Garlic Bread.
- Acquired Leroy Biscuits, new state of the art biscuit plant built which supplies portion controlled biscuits. Expansion of food manufacturing via a major contract with Coles for Garlic Bread.
- New purpose-built cheese manufacturing facility built, and launch of Dairy Country – what would go on to be one of the country’s leading brands, and processing for customers including Fonterra, Murray Goulburn, and Metcash. Major manufacturing focus including frozen pizzas under brand Pomodoro Brothers
- Group sold to ASX Listed Retail Food Group (ASX:RFG)
- January – Ken Skoullos and Frank Karkalas reunite to take back Hudson Pacific from RFG.
- Acquired Delta Fine Foods, the trailblazer in supply of fine foods from the Mediterranean into Australia.
- Group rebranded as Hudson Food Group
Founder & Executive ChairmanKen is the Founder & Executive Chairman of the Hudson Food Group. For over 45 years Ken has been a prominent figure in the Australian food industry. Initially starting out in cafes and restaurants, Ken has spent his career building a successful company that now spans food services, manufacturing, fine food importing and brand development.
Director of Sales & CommercialFor over 30 years, Dennis has held senior corporate sales and business development roles. In 2020 Dennis brings his experience and focus on solution development and customer service to Hudson Food Group leading our business development, sales and customer service functions in addition to other key elements of the company’s commercial operations.
Director of OperationsTony has spent 25 years in the food industry being at the fore front of all things operational with a customer focus. At Hudson Food Group, Tony leads all elements of the importing and food service business incorporating the team of warehouse and logistics whilst encompassing company strategy for future growth and sustainability.